It’s the season that babyA loves bread sandwiches and I usually have the urge to bake breads, cakes, cupcakes. I wanted to try bread since long and the way steffi from madras samayal explains the methodology of cooking it looks like a cake walk so followed her recipe and it worked really well. We had a lovely relishable salmon sandwiches for dinner. Since its homebaked I don’t have to worry if it’s expired or not. BabyA also can eat bread which is baked at home. For now we have tried with All purpose flour but have plans to try with whole wheat too.Once I feel comfortable with it il update in my column. So now let’s look at the ingredients needed
Maida/All purpose flour – 4 cups
Yeast – 1 pack
Warm Milk – 3/4 cup
Water – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 3 tbsp
Salt – 1tsp
Butter- 4 tbsp
Step1: Activating the yeast
Please do add sugar to the lukewarm milk and then yeast is to be added and allowed for 5 to 10 mins to settle down and the fermentation process takes place in this time. Fermentation process is main step in the dough making for the bread. Once done let’s plan for the making of the dough
Step2 Dough making
In a mixing bowl, add salt to the all purpose flour And then the fermented yeast with 1/2 cup water and then the butter. Mix all and make it into a soft sticky dough. Once a sticky dough is formed transfer to the workspace and knead the dough for some 20 minutes to form a fluffy soft dough.stretch it in all angles and knead as it softens and it will be perfect.
3. Allowing it to settle down
Once the dough is perfect grease a bowl with cooking spray or oil and place the dough on the greased bowl and wait till it doubles and it will take approximately 2 hours to double the quantity. Place it in a spot where usually the idli batter is kept for fermenting
4. Now after this process take to the workarea and spread it into a sheet and roll them in a rectangular shape in a manner such that it fixes the loaf pan.
5. Grease the pan with oil And place the dough inside the pan and let it settle down and this process is known as proofing. It will take half an hour to double the quantity. Once it is kept it is requested to close with cling wrap so that you can have a look at it.
6. Once doubled preheat the oven to 350F and then place the pan to bake for around 35 minutes to 40 minutes. Or until it reaches golden brown.
7. Remove it and grease butter over the bread and remove the bread from the pan and place in a plate or cooling rack.
8. Once cooled down you can cut into slices of your choice.
Enjoy your bread!!