Why there is a huge craze for Playdough? Isn’t it a simple messy play? Or do we have any good with it? I agree we all have had experiences with playdough either in our own childhood or with our own children but what’s the benefit of the Playdough?
Whether you believe it or not playdough has a wide array of developmental,learning and sensory benefit. That’s why I felt playdough must be a staple in my home. But was afraid to give the store bought ones for the fear of mouthing.
Cream of Tartar Safe for kids?
- Flour is used to for its starch – that is why you must use wheat based flour
- Hot water react with starch in the flour creating the dough texture
- Cream of tartar keeps the dough from crystallizing
- Salt is used as a preservative
- Oil lubricate the flour
Easy Homemade Playdough Recipe
- In a saucepan, add water, oil, cream of tartar ,flour and food colour and cook on a low flame.
- Stir stir stir like hard! It will be a little lumpy and that’s fine.
- Then drop in dye if you need more and keep stirring it.
- Keep on stirring till it becomes a ball.
- If your color is uneven simply knead the playdough after it has cooled down a bit.
- Once you notice the dough isn’t wet anymore, take it out of the pot. Set it aside to cool down.
If you hit any roadblocks, or need answers to any questions or confusions, please feel free to write to me or leave them in the comments below.