When I posted the pictures of this toast in the instagram I got requests for recipe on my post. This is actually a self made recipe. I can apply for patenting too :p lol. Obviously motherhood makes you do everything that you never imagined, one such thing for me was trying out dishes differently. This is a trial and error dish ofcourse. But we enjoyed to the core.
1.5 cups boiled sweet corns
2 potatoes boiled & grated
1 onion finely chopped
1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
1 small capsicum finely chopped salt to taste pepper to season
1/2 tsp garam masala
some mint leaves coriander leaves
1 tbsp lemon juice
1-2 bread slices
1 tbsp rice flour
Bread for the toast
- Blend 1.5 cups of sweet corn -2 tablespoons coarsely in a blender and keep it aside.
- Transfer the grinded corn into big bowl and then goes the boiled mashed potatoes in the bowl.
- Add onions, ginger garlic paste and garam masala to the mixture
- Add Capsicum, green chillies, mint and coriander leaves to the mixture
- Add rice flour, gram flour and lemon juice to the mixture
- Do soak the bread slices and crush them to add them to the mixture and knead well
- Add Black pepper and salt to taste.
- The mixture to be relatively dry so that you can use them as a paste to apply on the toast.
- In a dosa pan, add butter/ghee and place the bread and allow it to get toasted.
- Once done apply butter on the other side and apply the mixture and allow it to get toasted for 2 to 3 minutes. Try this in medium flame.
- Serve with Tomato sauce or mint chutney.
Until next post stay hooked!